For information about coping with disasters (e.g., bushfires, floods, cyclones), please click HERE
If you are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please click HERE
What you need to know before doing an Online Assessment
More than 100,000 Australians have completed a MindSpot Online Assessment.
The MindSpot Online Assessment provides people with confidential information about their symptoms of anxiety and depression, and recommendations about things that can help. The Assessment involves these four steps:
STEP 1: Create a secure online account
- Provide an email address (so that we can communicate with you) and a password.
- Provide your name, but if you don’t want to tell us, then just use initials.
- We take your privacy very seriously. We will not share your information with anyone else unless we are concerned about your safety or unless required by law. See our Privacy Statement for details.
STEP 2: Answer the questions in the Online Assessment
- The questions will ask you to tell us a bit about yourself, various physical and emotional symptoms you may be experiencing and how these affect your life.
- It is important to answer honestly, as the quality of our service depends on the accuracy of your answers.
STEP 3: Your Online Assessment results
- After completing your Online Assessment, a MindSpot therapist will review your answers and prepare a written assessment report summarising your key symptoms and providing a range of treatment options you may wish to consider.
- You can choose whether to receive your report via email, or you can choose to first discuss your results with a MindSpot therapist. People have told us this confidential discussion with a therapist is incredibly helpful as it helps us to tailor our recommendations to your specific situation.
- If you are happy to discuss your report with a MindSpot therapist, a therapist will contact you one to three days after you have completed the Online Assessment, using your preferred contact method.
- The MindSpot therapist will help you identify the type and pattern of symptoms you are experiencing and the severity of those symptoms.
- You can also request to have a copy of your report sent to your chosen health professional. We do not send your report to anyone without your permission
STEP 4: Start a MindSpot Treatment Course
- Before we enrol you in a MindSpot Treatment Course, we will first telephone you to discuss your Assessment results and which of our treatments will best meet your needs. Learn more about our treatment courses.
Before Starting This Assessment, Please Ensure You Have Carefully Read The Information On This Page