Careers at Access Macquarie Virtual Clinic
We are Expanding Access Macquarie Virtual Clinic
We are seeking enthusiastic professionals who wish to work in innovative, world class, virtual mental health clinics.
More than 3 million Australian adults experience disorders of anxiety and depression each year, but many do not seek treatment. Access Macquarie Virtual Clinic (AMQVC) is a ground-breaking mental health initiative. We have two (2) clinics in operation, The MindSpot Clinic and PORTS.Our dedicated team of Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Registered Nurse, researchers, IT and Administration professionals work together to provide remote mental health assessments and treatment.
The MindSpot Clinic is a free nationwide telephone and online service for Australian adults 18 years and older, troubled by symptoms of anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD and chronic pain.
Practitioner Online Referral and Treatment Services (PORTS) is a new program designed for people with symptoms of low mood, depression, stress, anxiety, or substance use problems. PORTS is a free service available to residents of Western Australia aged 16 years and older, who have been referred by a GP.
The Clinics provide online and telephone information, psychological assessment and evidence-based cognitive behavioural treatment. AMQVC support people to access psychological assistance and draws on a stepped-care model of treatment, helping people to receive support that meets their needs.
If you enjoy working in a busy, high quality, and supportive environment, then our virtual clinics may be the place for you! Demand for our services is growing and we have opportunities for experienced, skilled and dedicated professionals to partner with us in providing online and telephone mental health services for adults with high prevalence conditions.
Access Macquarie is a wholly owned entity of the University
Uniquely located in the heart of Australia’s largest high-tech precinct, Macquarie University brings together more than 40,000 students and 3000 staff in one thriving hub of discovery. Our campus spans 126 hectares, with open green space that gives our community the freedom to think and grow.
More than AU$1 billion has recently been invested in our facilities and infrastructure so our students and staff can thrive in an environment that is inspiring and switched on to the latest digital technologies. With more than 100 leading companies located on or around the Macquarie campus, our students are able to tap into industry connections that give them an edge in their future careers, while our staff have access to outstanding research and innovation opportunities with some of the world’s leading organisations.
- Salary sacrifice: Range of salary sacrifice options, including rent, mortgage and car leasing via Maxxia
- Location: AccessMQ is located on the Macquarie University's park-like campus protected by their award winning sustainability practice. It is minutes away from Macquarie University station and Macquarie Shopping Centre along with easy access to all Macquarie University's on-site services such as sport aquatic centre, childcare facilities, post office, beauty salon, various campus food outlets and many more.
- Gym: Direct debit, no minimum term, salary sacrifice, free locker hire, access to social sport options, group fitness classes and swimming pools
- Childcare: 2 x child care centers on campus, competitive rates, subject to availability with priority given to University staff and designated entity partners including MindSpot and PORTS
- Library: Full access to the University library including research databases
- Parking: Full time employees can salary sacrifice parking on university campus car parks
- Inclusive culture
- Diversity in workplace
- Medibank: 9% discount on private health insurance
- EAP: Employee Assistance Programme Free online counselling service for staff and immediate family. Support available for career planning, financial planning as well other areas
- Flu Shots: Free flu shots available to all staff on a yearly basis
- Supervision: All staff receive extensive training on commencing with Access Macquarie Virtual Clinics with ongoing professional development. All Clinical staff receive a variety of supervision sessions and educational opportunities on a weekly basis
- Lynda.com: A free online resource that contains a large number of online courses for self-development, both professional and personal.
- Provisional Psychologists:
Applications from Provisional Psychologists in their final year of training will be considered for clinical roles . Supervision from APHRA qualified supervisors can be provided at Access Macquarie Virtual Clinics or the Provisional Psychologist can maintain their current external supervisor. Provisional Psychologists will be actively involved in providing assessment and treatment, while factoring in considerations of ethics, culture, and other relevant demographics. Weekly individual and group supervision along with fortnightly educational workshops are provided All senior staff providing clinical supervision are registered with APHRA as supervisors having completed appropriate supervisor training.